As a homeowner, installing new flooring is an important decision that can significantly impact your space and budget. When it comes to purchasing flooring, you have many options to consider regarding material, style, and installation. Two of the largest flooring companies in the U.S. are 50 Floor and Empire Today, both of which offer a wide selection of flooring types including carpet, hardwood, laminate and vinyl at competitive prices. However, determining which company is right for your needs depends on several factors. This article will compare 50 Floor and Empire Today across key areas like product offerings, quality, pricing, warranties and customer service to help you make an informed choice for your flooring project. With the insights provided, you’ll be able to confidently select a flooring company that fits your unique requirements and budget.
Product Selection: 50 Floors vs. Empire Today
When comparing 50 Floor and Empire Today for your flooring needs, an important factor to consider is their product selection.
- 50 Floor offers a range of flooring options including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl. They work with major brands like Shaw, Mohawk, and Coretec. 50 Floor’s products span a range of price points to suit any budget.
- Similarly, Empire Today provides carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl flooring. They also carry products from leading manufacturers such as Shaw, Coretec, and Mohawk. However, Empire Today may have a slightly more limited selection compared to 50 Floor.
To determine which company has the best product selection for your needs:
- Review the types of flooring each company offers to ensure they carry what you’re looking for. Both offer popular options like carpet, hardwood, and laminate, but one may have a wider range of styles and brands.
- Compare the quality and prices of their products. While 50 Floor and Empire Today both sell products across a range of price points, one company could potentially offer better value for the quality.
- See what specials or sales each company regularly offers. This could help you save money on high-quality flooring to suit your needs and budget.
In summary, while 50 Floor and Empire Today provide similar flooring options from reputable brands, 50 Floor may have a slight advantage with a wider selection and more frequent sales. However, Empire Today’s products would likely work well for most homeowners and budgets. The choice ultimately comes down to your specific needs, tastes, and finances.
Pricing and Affordability: Who Offers the Best Deals?
When comparing 50 Floor and Empire Today for affordability, there are a few factors to consider:
- Pricing: Both companies frequently run sales and promotions offering up to 50-70% off installation. However, 50 Floor is generally a bit more affordable overall, especially if you’re on a tight budget. They are known for lower prices on both materials and labor.
- Financing: Both companies offer financing options to help make new floors more affordable. 50 Floor provides interest-free financing for up to 24 months. Empire Today offers financing for up to 5 years with interest rates around 9-30% APR depending on your credit. For the lowest total cost, interest-free financing is ideal if paid off within the promotional period.
- Discounts: Look for ways to save on your flooring project. Both companies accept coupons and promo codes that can be found on their website or other sites like Groupon and RetailMeNot. They also frequently run sales around holidays like Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day.
- Additional fees: When comparing estimates, check for any additional fees like subfloor repair or replacement, furniture moving, and disposal of old flooring materials. These extra charges can significantly impact your total price. Both companies will provide free at-home estimates to evaluate if any additional work needs to be done before installation.
In summary, while Empire Today and 50 Floor both offer affordable flooring solutions and financing options, 50 Floor generally has lower prices overall. However, Empire Today may run better sales and promotions at certain times of the year. To get the best deal, compare multiple estimates, look for ways to save with discounts and coupons, and avoid any surprise fees by asking upfront about additional charges. With some patience and research, you can find high-quality, budget-friendly flooring.
Quality and Durability: Which Brand Is Superior?
When determining which brand offers superior quality and durability, several factors should be considered.
Materials and Construction
Both 50 Floor and Empire Today use high-quality materials for their flooring products, including hardwoods, laminates, carpeting, stone, and vinyl. However, 50 Floor is known for using sustainable and eco-friendly materials whenever possible. Their bamboo, cork and reclaimed wood floors are popular green options. Empire Today does have a wider selection of traditional hardwoods like oak, hickory and maple.
For installation, 50 Floor provides free estimates and uses their own employees to install the flooring. Empire Today also provides free estimates but contracts with independent installers in each area. 50 Floor’s direct installation may allow for more quality control and accountability. With either company, be sure to check reviews from your local area to determine the best service.
Warranties and Guarantees
When it comes to warranties, both companies offer similar coverage for their products. Hardwood and laminate flooring typically come with 20-25 year residential warranties. Carpet warranties range from 10-25 years. For installation, 50 Floor offers a lifetime guarantee while Empire Today provides a 1-year labor warranty. Additional care and maintenance plans can be purchased to extend coverage.
In summary, while both brands are reputable and offer high-quality, durable flooring options, 50 Floor may have a slight edge with their sustainable products, company-employed installers, and lifetime installation guarantee. However, for selection, Empire Today still reigns supreme. For your needs, compare the specific products, costs, and services available in your area to determine which brand is the best choice.
As you evaluate your flooring options, consider both 50 Floor and Empire Today as reputable companies with competitive pricing and financing offers. While 50 Floor may have a slight edge with their lifetime installation guarantee and wider range of flooring types, Empire Today’s decades of experience and availability in more areas could make them a great choice depending on your location and needs. In the end, you can’t go wrong with either company. Do some research on the specific floors you’re interested in, check reviews from other customers, and get multiple estimates? Then go with the company that you feel most comfortable with and that fits your budget. New floors can make a world of difference in your home, so take your time and choose what’s right for you.