WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps, and it recently rolled out a new feature – “Disappearing Messages”. This feature has already taken the world by storm, as people are increasingly using it to send messages that they don’t want to stick around in their chats forever.
But how can you make sure that you make the most of this new feature?
Below are 10 tips and tricks that you can use to master Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp and make sure your chats stay safe, secure, and private.
- Turn on Disappearing Messages for your chats: Make sure to turn on Disappearing Messages for any chat that you think needs to be extra secure. This feature will automatically delete messages after 7 days, ensuring that no one will be able to access them in the future.
- Disable screenshots: WhatsApp also has a feature that allows you to disable screenshots in your chats. This can be very useful for when you don’t want to have any screenshots of your messages floating around for others to see.
- Set expiration dates: You can manually set expiration dates for your messages, so that they will be automatically deleted after a certain amount of time. This is a great way to ensure that your messages won’t stay around forever.
- Disable notifications: If you don’t want to be alerted every time someone sends you a disappearing message, you can easily disable notifications for them. This is especially useful if you don’t want to be disturbed by constant notifications.
- Forward messages: You can also forward disappearing messages to other users, so that they can read them without having to worry about them expiring. This can be great for sending important messages, even if they are not permanent.
- Delete messages from the server: If you want to make sure that your messages are completely deleted from the server, you can delete them. This means that the messages will no longer show up in your chat, and will be completely removed from the system.Change expiration time:
- You can also change the expiration time for your messages, so that they will be automatically deleted after a certain amount of time
Using this feature effectively can be tricky, however.
It’s important to know the ins and outs so you can make sure that your messages truly disappear when you want them to.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to master Disappearing Messages. We’ll provide 10 tips and tricks on how to make sure your messages vanish without a trace – from adjusting your settings to creating timers for your messages. With our help, you can confidently use Disappearing Messages for all of your conversations!
How to Use WhatsApp’s New Disappearing Messages Feature
The disappearing messages feature on WhatsApp lets you send messages that will self-destruct after seven days to a select group of contacts or individuals. This way, you can keep the conversation secure and make sure no one else can access it.
To get started, here are 10 tips and tricks for using WhatsApp’s disappearing messages:
- To enable the feature for a chat, tap the contact name at the top of the screen and select “Disappearing Messages” from the menu.
- You’ll be able to tell if Disappearing Messages is enabled by looking for the hourglass icon next to the contact’s name, or by tapping on “Disappearing Messages” again and checking if it is turned on or off.
- The receiver of the message can also enable Disappearing Messages just like you.
- The recipient will be notified when a message disappears after seven days with a notification that reads “This message was deleted” in place of your original text.
- You can also change how long before your message automatically deletes—from one hour to seven days—by tapping on “disappearing messages” again and selecting your desired time frame.
- If you receive a Disappearing Message and want to save it permanently, tap on “Save Message” before it self-destructs after seven days (or whatever time frame you selected).
- If you would like to forward a Disappearing Message, press and hold the message until you see options appear above it and then select “Forward” from there.
- You can also pass on voice notes in addition to
WhatsApp Calling: Making Video and Voice Calls with WhatsApp’s Calling Features
WhatsApp Calling lets you make crystal-clear phone and video calls using the dedicated app. Here’s how you can take advantage of WhatsApp’s calling features:
Step 1: Start a Call
You can start a call by tapping on the phone or video icon in an existing conversation. You also have the option of starting a call right from your contact list, simply by selecting the contact and tapping the call icon.
Step 2: Add Participants to Your Call
You can add additional participants to an existing audio or video call with just one tap – go to the Call screen, tap on the ‘Add Participant’ button, and select your desired contacts from your contact list.
Step 3: Choose Between Audio and Video Calls
When calling someone through WhatsApp, you have the option to choose between voice-only (audio) or voice + video (video) calls. Depending on your connection quality, you may need to switch between different modes for optimum performance.
Step 4: Enable Low Data Mode for Lower Data Usage
If you’re trying to conserve data when making WhatsApp Calling calls, you can turn on Low Data Mode which will reduce data usage while still giving you high-quality audio and video calls. Simply go to Settings > Data Usage > Low Data Mode and toggle it on.
Make sure that everyone you’re speaking with is using a compatible version of WhatsApp before trying out this exciting feature!